Friday, March 28, 2008

Market Review -- week of Mar 24-28

As predicted, New York finished down today a little less than 1%. That transiting Moon placement clearly outweighed the positive contained in the Venus-Uranus conjunction. Overall for the week, the market fell about 1% as the Dow settled at 12,216 and the S&P at 1315. In a piece of pure good luck, I had forecast a modestly down week overall right in line with what transpired. Of course, the frequent errors in daily calls reveal a more complex and frankly, ugly reality to my forecasting abilities Oh well, practice makes perfect.

Tokyo didn't quite make it to my forecast high of 13,000 but it came close and finished as 12,820. Bombay finished up Friday as forecast, although we missed the big rally at the close. For the week it finished at 16,371, up strongly from Monday's open. I totally missed this rally, but hopefully the acquisition of the new BSE data improves my luck down the line.

The Euro had a good week as forecast, although $1.60 stayed out of reach. Friday's action went more or less according to the prediction, as it closed at $1.5798. I had thought it would sell off early and then struggle back to near 1.58 which it did.

Oil did much worse than I thought Friday as it dropped over 2% to closed at $105.25. Gold fell back $17.50 to end up at $936. While I thought it would fare poorly on Friday, my weekly forecast was far too bearish.

Monday has all the appearances of a hectic trading day as the Sun and Mars move into a western square aspect. I expect the Euro to go higher (and likely oil and gold as well) and stocks to decline. I'll give more details in my Sunday forecast.