Thursday, April 10, 2008

Gold revived

While I missed this week's price rise in Gold, I think I understand it a bit better now. It appears that we're more likely to see price increases as long as tr Jupiter (27 Sg) is closing in on the natal Venus (29 Sg) of the futures chart. In my forecast last year, I originally believed that a price peak would be likely near the Jupiter station in May, but recent declines had shaken my confidence in that forecast. It seems that the declines occurred while tr Jupiter was moving in between natal Mercury (22 Sg) and natal Venus (29 Sg) and where it had less strength to boost prices.

There will be further price dips, such as Friday and possibly Monday as the Mars contacts the natal Saturn. But as long as the Jupiter is applying to the Venus, I think we will tend to see increases, possibly over $1000. I'll refine this upward limit in the days ahead, depending on what kind of pullback we see through the weekend. The short term top should occur near the Jupiter station May 9. Once Jupiter turns away from Venus, prices should weaken.

Interestingly, the bearish conjunction of tr Mars to the natal Saturn actually perfects over the weekend so that might also reduce the downside somewhat so the price may bottom out well above $900. Next week we should see the gains return.